UNC-Chapel Hill bills by the semester (Fall, Spring, First Summer Session and Second Summer Session).
|Semester||Bill Generated||Charges Due|
The Office of the University Cashier generates account balances monthly, and any new charges or payments that are added or removed after the previous month’s billing date will show on the account activity and be included on the next billing statement. Tuition, fees and other charges for the term are due prior to the first day of classes for the term. Interim bills include other charges incurred during the term. Enrolled students and Authorized Users will receive email notification when bills are available in the ConnectCarolina Student Center.
Once the due date for the charges have passed, your student account will show as past due. Any charges or payments that are added or removed after the billing date will show on the account activity and be included on the next billing statement.
A Note About the Due Date
Any new charges are due the month after they are billed and past due after the original due date. The billing statements and billing emails will automatically display a due date, but due dates can be different for certain circumstances:
- Students with payment plans will have the due date extended to the last day of the semester’s payment plan. Please don’t pay Nelnet after your last due date – pay UNC-Chapel Hill directly.
- Students with full financial aid will have the due date extended until after the date the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid is scheduled to disburse aid for the semester.
- Students who are sponsored will have their due date extended to allow time for UNC-Chapel Hill to bill the sponsor (three weeks after classes start when the deadline to drop classes with credit has passed) and allow the sponsor time to pay.
Viewing Detailed Student Account Transactions
- Log into ConnectCarolina.
- Click Manage/Pay Student Account on your Student home page (make sure your Popup Blocker is off).
- Select either Verify with 2-Step or Register for 2-Step.
- Click View Activity to view charges, payments, and any balance for each term. You need to click the arrow to the left on the headings for any items that do not show details. Negative numbers listed as charges mean that the charges were removed. Positive numbers listed as payments mean that the payment was removed.