This page provides some basic information related to tax reporting relevant to students.  For questions about W-2 and/or 1042-S reporting, email Payroll Services at For information about 1099s, contact Disbursement Services at For information about taxability of tuition waivers, consult the Benefits Office Tuition Waiver Policy.

The University Cashier will issue a W9S requesting a correct SSN if the one on file is missing (or incorrect according to the IRS). If you receive one from our office, please complete it and return it to the Registrar’s Office in person or via the fax number on the form.

Our office cannot provide any tax advice, only confirm and explain what we have reported. For more information about your ability to claim a tax deduction or tax credit, contact a tax professional. Also, you can visit the Internal Revenue Service’s web site at