New Student Checklist
Welcome to UNC-Chapel Hill!
The following checklist will help you manage your account:
- Establish Authorized User Access for anyone that you would like to be able to access your account and discuss it with the Cashier’s Office.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit so that any refunds related to your student account can be directed to your bank account.
- Waive out of mandatory student health insurance if you have existing coverage under another health plan, or enroll in the UNC Chapel Hill plan.
- Authorize the Cashier’s Office to apply your Title IV financial aid to your other student account charges.
- Check your email for bills from our office.
- Log in to your account and pay (or defer if you have financial aid) your bills by the due date.
- Learn about payment options.