An Authorized User is an individual who has been granted permission to view and discuss a student’s billing account.
Students can designate Authorized Users to access their student account information, pay bills and discuss the account with the Cashier’s Office.
The instructions below are for authorized user accounts only.
- Student logs into ConnectCarolina Student Center with their ONYEN and password. Note: ConnectCarolina works best with certain browsers.
- In Self Service, click on the Pay Bills/Manage Student Finances link.
- This will redirect to the UNC Chapel Hill Student Accounts site. Please make sure that your pop-ups blocker is turned off or disabled.
- Click on the Authorized Users tab. On this page type in the email address(es) of persons being authorized to access student account information.
- On the next page, review the Agreement to Add Authorized User screen, check the “I Agree” box and press continue.
Newly authorized users will receive two emails. The first is an automated message informing the new user of the access granted. The second email will include a temporary password and instructions on logging to the UNC Chapel Hill Student Account Site for Authorized Users. Upon the first login, the new user will be prompted enter a full name and a password. Passwords must be at least 7 characters long and contain at least one number or special character.
Authorized Users can use this access to view current account status, account activity, bills and to review and set up payments.
Only the authorized user can reset the password for the account. Select ’emailed’ under ‘Forgot your password?’ on the authorized users login screen. Use the new temporary password to login.
Authorized Users who are still having trouble after resetting the password, may have a browser issue. Please clear the cache on the current browser and/or try another browser. Enabling pop-ups may also be helpful.
If the user is unable to reset the password, it may be necessary for the student to remove the current authorized user account and establish a new one.
Entering the wrong password 5 times will result in the account being locked. Wait at least 15 minutes to regain access of a locked account. Follow the steps in “Change Password” if necessary.
The Cashier’s Office cannot reset the password or unlock an account.