Installment Payment Plan
This option is offered through Tuition Management Systems, Inc. (TMS) for the Fall and Spring terms only. Eligible expenses are tuition, fees, meal plans and on-campus housing. UNC-Chapel Hill has partnered with TMS to offer a payment plan allowing you to spread your educational expenses over monthly installments.
- TMS does not have access to a student’s bill. Your TMS plan is set up for the payment plan amount you authorize.
- You will continue to receive monthly billing statements from UNC.
- Although there is a due date listed on the billing statement, please continue to make your monthly payments to TMS.
- Please compare the bill with your TMS account to make sure you will not over pay the account or owe additional funds.
- Past due balances and other charges such as campus health and library fines are not eligible for the installment payment plan. Students must pay these amounts directly to the Cashier’s Office by the due date listed on the billing statement.
- The Cashier’s Office may decrease your TMS budget or cancel your payment plan early to avoid an overpayment on your student account.
- If there is an overpayment through TMS, refunds will be issued after the last payment plan due date for the term.
- TMS Users can increase/decrease the budget plan for the semester by logging into your TMS account online or contacting TMS at 800-722-4867 to request the adjustment.
When setting up the budget for each semester, add the student account charges together, subtract any payments that you have made and/or any financial aid awards that you would receive, and use that number for your budget.
The tuition rates in the sample below are first year, non-resident rates.
*There is an additional $53.35 Orientation Fee added to all first year students in the fall semester only.
*If an enrollment deposit was paid, it is applied to the first semester.
|Fall Tuition||$17,099.00||Spring Tuition||$17,099.00|
|Meal Plan||$2,360.28||Meal Plan||$2,360.28|
|Flex Plan||$200.00||Flex Plan||$200.00|
|Total for Fall||$24,064.19||Total for Spring||$24,010.84|
|Enrollment Deposit Paid*||-$250.00|
|Total TMS budget for Fall||$23,814.19||Total TMS budget for Spring||$24,010.84|
- Payments are due to TMS by the first of each month.
- The TMS payment week runs Sunday to Saturday with the payments being applied to the Student Account at UNC-CH the following Friday.
- All outstanding charges on the account will need to be paid by the dates listed below for each semester to avoid a Past Due Hold.
- Fall Semester = October 1 (September 1 for the 12 month plan)
- Spring Semester = March 1
- Please note: Any payments after the dates listed above should be paid directly to the Cashier’s Office.
|Plan||Fee||Enrollment Deadline||Semesters Covered||Payments|
|Five Month Fall Semester||$47.00||First day of classes for the fall semester||Fall semester only||Fall payments due to TMS by first of each month: June, July, August, September and October. Must be paid in full by October 1.|
|Five Month Spring Semester||$47.00||First day of classes for the spring semester||Spring semester only||Spring payments due to TMS by first of each month: November, December, January, February and March. Must be paid in full by March 1.|
|Ten Month Plan||$65.00||First day of classes for the fall semester||Fall and Spring semesters||Fall payments due to TMS by first of each month: June, July, August, September and October. Must be paid in full by October 1.
Spring payments due to TMS by first of each month: November, December, January, February and March. Must be paid in full by March 1.
|12 Month Plan
This plan is only available to returning TMS customers.
|$65.00||First day of classes for the fall semester||Fall and Spring semesters.||Fall payments due to TMS by first of each month: April, May, June, July, August and September. Must be paid in full by September 1.
Spring payments due to TMS by first of each month: October, November, December, January, February and March. Must be paid in full by March 1.
Before separating from UNC-Chapel Hill, it is expected that your student account be paid in full.
Individuals no longer enrolled at the University with an outstanding account balance over 30 days past due are subject to collection processes. Once the collection process begins, students are notified by letter that they have an outstanding balance with the University. A second collections letter is sent 30 days after the first letter.
A HOLD is placed on the student’s account to prevent registration, obtaining transcripts and/or diploma until the balance is paid in full, as required by the State of North Carolina. There are no exceptions to releasing holds with students who have an outstanding balance with the university.
The University does not accept settlement offers on debts owed.
Monthly payment plans are available to students whose accounts have been placed in collections.
Plans are based on the amount that is owed to the University (see below).
|Up to $999||Six Month Payment Plan|
|$1,000 – $2,999||12 Month Payment Plan|
|$3,000 – $4,999||18 Month Payment Plan|
|$5,000 or more||24 Month Payment Plan|
Request a summary of the debt if you do not know why you have a balance due.Payment Plan Request Form
Please call 919-962-1368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your student account in collections.
CCI Laptop Grant Repayment
We collect repayment of grants when a student who received a CCI Laptop grant leaves the University before graduating. Students who do not return the laptop will be billed for the grant repayable amount after they leave the University.
You can return your laptop to the ITS Response Center to fulfill your requirement or you can mail your computer along with all the parts and accessories to:CCI Program Manager
440 W. Franklin St.
ITS-Franklin, CB 1150
Chapel Hill NC 27599-1150
It is highly recommended you insure and track your computer shipment.