Skip to main content

With a 529 College Savings Plan, the parent/student accesses funds and initiates a payment to the University. Every state (including Washington, DC) offers a state section 529 plan.

Please visit your 529 plan’s website to see what information is required to support a withdrawal request. All 529 plans have different forms and request different documents. Parents and/or students must contact their 529 plan administrator directly and follow their procedures to process a withdrawal.

If your plan requires a copy of your eBILL as proof of qualified direct educational expenses, you may print your statement from ConnectCarolina.

Housing and meal estimates for off-campus living can be found on the Estimated Cost of Attendance.

Contact your 529 provider(s) at least ten business days prior to the tuition due date to ensure the University receives payment by the deadline.

If your 529 Plan does not make payments to us electronically, checks should be made payable to UNC-Chapel Hill and reference the student’s full name and nine (9) digit PID.

Payments can be mailed or send via courier such as Fed Ex or UPS to:
UNC-CH Cashier’s Office
450 Ridge Road, Suite 2215
CB #1400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Alabama Prepaid PACT, Florida Prepaid, Illinois! Prepaid, Kentucky Prepaid, Michigan Education Trust, Mississippi Prepaid, Nevada Prepaid, South Carolina Prepaid, and Texas Guaranteed Plans:If your 529 Plan is one of those listed above, please notify the plan that you are attending UNC-Chapel Hill. They will send us their third party letter, and our office will bill them for the items they have agreed to pay after the drop/add period. You will also need to complete the Student FERPA Form for Sponsored Billing giving us permission to bill them.