Please be aware that the time frame for refunds is shorter in the Summer Term. This is because Summer School is self-supporting and relies on tuition revenues to pay instructors. Once the session starts, it quickly becomes too late to cancel a class due to a reduction in enrollment.
Refund Schedule for Summer
- Class dropped BEFORE the first day of the session: 100% credit of tuition and fees
- Class dropped within the first THREE days of the session: 75% credit of tuition and fees
- Class dropped on or AFTER the fourth day of the session: NO credit of tuition and fees
The session dates are not the same as the days of classes. Please see below for a schedule of session dates. Most classes are part of Summer I, Maymester or Summer II, but there are other sessions. You can check the session for your class in the Class Search.
Please understand that you will be financially responsible for the tuition and fees based on the above schedule, this is without regard to the reason why you are dropping the class.
Are you receiving financial aid?
If you have financial aid, this drop could impact your financial aid award for the summer. If your financial aid is reduced because you are no longer enrolled in enough hours or because you haven’t been enrolled long enough in enough hours, you will have to pay back any financial aid refunds you have received and you may have to pay for tuition and fees that were covered by the financial aid that has been reduced. It is very important for you to contact the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid as you drop this class to make sure you understand what will happen with your financial aid. If you drop this class and are left with a student account balance that becomes past due, you will not be able to register for future terms until the past due balance is resolved.
|Summer II||A||ALL||6/28/2021||Sun, 6/27||Mon, 6/28||Tue, 6/29||Wed, 6/30||Thu, 7/1|
|Summer II||B||ALL||7/5/2021||Sun, 7/4||Mon, 7/5||Tue, 7/6||Wed, 7/7||Thu, 7/8|
|Summer II||C||ALL||6/21/2021||Sun, 6/20||Mon, 6/21||Tue, 6/22||Wed, 6/23||Thu, 6/24|
|Summer II||SS2||ALL||6/28/2021||Sun, 6/27||Mon, 6/28||Tue, 6/29||Wed, 6/30||Thu, 7/1|
|Summer II||U02||ALL||6/21/2021||Sun, 6/20||Mon, 6/21||Tue, 6/22||Wed, 6/23||Thu, 6/24|
|Summer II||U03||ALL||5/1/2021||Sun, 5/2||Mon, 5/3||Tue, 5/4||Wed, 5/5||Thu, 5/6|
|Summer II||X||ALL||5/19/2021||Tue, 5/18||Wed, 5/19||Thu, 5/20||Fri, 5/21||Sat, 5/22|
- To receive 100% refund, drop by the 100% date for the session for each class.
- Drops after the 0% date for the session for each class receive no refund.
- To determine the session for each class, look at the online course catalog.
- Students in MBA Online, MAC Online, MPA Online, and MPH Online must contact the program office regarding those programs’ withdrawal refund policies.