PCI Compliance Program
(Compliant Electronic Receipt Transactions through Innovation and Financial Integrity)
In order to implement and manage the directives of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, NACHA and the electronic commerce requirements set forth by the North Carolina Office of the State Controller and North Carolina State legislature, the University has established the CERTIFI (Compliant Electronic Receipt Transactions through Innovation and Financial Integrity) Committee.
PCI Town Hall 2019
- 308.1 – Establishing a New Credit Card Merchant Account
- 308.2 – Changing an Existing Credit Card Merchant Account
- 308.3 – Disposal of Point-of-Sale Terminals
- 308.4 – Reconciliation, Refunds, Chargebacks and Transaction Posting
- 308.5 – Assuming Credit Card Merchant Account Cost and Fiscal Responsibility
- 308.6 – Truncation and Retention of Cardholder Account Numbers
- 308.7 – The University’s Payment Gateway
Self Assessment Questionnaires
Several self-assessment questionnaires (SAQs) can be found at the PCI Security Standards Council’s Document Library.
- Select SAQ A if the department accepts online payments.
- Select SAQ B if the department uses an analog or cellular terminal.
- Select SAQ P2PE if the department utilizes Point-to-Point Encrypted technology.
Email email@example.com with questions.
Setup and Maintenance of Merchant Card Accounts
Departments interested in establishing a merchant card account should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a meeting so that we can discuss the business need and provide guidance on next steps.
Reporting of Abuse, Misuse or IncidentsPOS Terminal Skimmers
Incidents involving cardholder data should be reported to ITS by calling the Help Desk at 919-962-HELP.