Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you mail the billing statements? Electronic bills are issued around the 16th of each month and will be due the next month. Enrolled students and their authorized users will receive an email notification when a new billing statement is generated. Bills will only be mailed to students who have left the University and are no longer actively enrolled.
- How do I find my bill? Students can go to ConnectCarolina and log in with their Onyen and password. This allows you to access the Student Center. In the Finances section, click on Pay Bills/Manage Student Finances. Click on the eBills tab, select the statement to view from the drop-down box and click on Go. The statement will appear in the next tab or new window, depending on your browser settings. You must have your pop-up blockers disabled to view the account and billing statement.
- How can I defer my bill? This option is only available to students. Deferment instructions.
- I am getting a scholarship; do I have to pay the whole amount due? No, you can defer the amount covered by the scholarship(s) from your bill and pay the estimated difference.
- I am fully funded, why am I receiving a billing statement? All students with a balance receive a billing statement. Some charges may not be covered by your scholarship. It is important that you review each statement carefully.
- What does Refund mean on my billing statement? There was a credit on your account at one time and a refund has been issued to the student.
- Why am I receiving a bill if I am using Tuition Management Systems (TMS)? Compare the bill you receive from UNC with your budget from TMS to make sure your budget is correct. If you have library fines or campus health charges, they cannot be budgeted with TMS.
- I am having problems downloading my billing statement through TouchNet. What are some things I can do to improve the performance of the download? There are a few steps you can try with your web browser to help access your bill: